Yolo County Criminal Defense – Criminal Lawyer/Attorney
Serving Yolo County including: West Sacramento, Woodland & Davis California
Whether you have been charged with a minor offense or a serious felony, the skilled Placer County criminal defense attorneys with more than 76 years of combined legal experience can make the difference between your freedom or jail. At the Law Office of Wing & Parisi, criminal defense attorneys in Placer County Christopher H. Wing, (Ret.), Linda Parisi, George Picha III, Jessica Graves & Erica Graves possess the skill and knowledge to prepare a thorough defense against your specific criminal charge.
The Law Offices of Wing and Parisi, can help you with your criminal case. We understand what may be at stake, so we go the extra mile for our clients to overcome any obstacles placed in their way. Our Placer county criminal defense lawyers will protect your rights throughout the investigation and trial, and we will pursue the best possible result in your case. Call now and get the representation you need. An experienced criminal defense lawyer in Yolo County understand the complexities of criminal laws and can help you pursue the best possible option available to you. Call our office today, the initial consultation is free.
Robbery is a matter taken very serious by any judge no matter your location. It seems as though the justice system is especially harsh towards defendants facing a robbery charge; this is especially true for the State of California. Robbery constitutes a violent felony that may count as a strike on your criminal record. Under California law, Pen. Code 211,
“Robbery is the felonious taking of personal property in the possession of another, from his person or immediate presence, and against his will, accomplished by means of force or fear.”
The number of situations that would qualify as robbery is numerous. The required element for this charge in the eyes of law is for the victim to be present. For example, taking someone’s wallet or purse at gunpoint constitutes robbery. However, if the victim is not present, you will more likely than not be charged with theft. It is precisely the victims presence that makes this offense extremely serious in the eyes of the law. An experienced Yolo County criminal defense attorney understand the complexities of criminal laws and can help you pursue the best possible option available to you. Call our office today, the initial consultation is free.
California law separate robbery in two main categories that are based on seriousness: first degree robbery and second degree robbery.
- First degree robbery is punishable by 3, 4, or 6 years in state prison. Further, if you and two other individuals act together to commit the robbery within a house or building, a first degree robbery punishment increases to 3, 6, or even 9 years in state prison.
- Second degree robbery is punishable by 2, 3, or 5 years in state prison.
Moreover, there are additional factors that may increase the sentence. Some of which are:
- If you caused another individual to suffer a bodily injury during the commission of a robbery.
- If you use a firearm during the commission of a robbery, you can be sentenced to an additional term of 10 years.
- If you used and intentionally discharged a firearm during the commission of the robbery, you can be sentenced to an additional of 20 years in state prison.
- Discharge of a firearm resulting in a bodily injury or death can sentence one to additional and consecutive term of 25 years to life in state prison.
If convicted of robbery, you could be spending years in the notorious California prison system. It is to your advantage to get in contact with an experienced Yolo County criminal defense attorney. An experienced criminal defense attorney understand the complexities of criminal laws and can help you pursue the best possible option available to you. Call our office today, the initial consultation is free.
There’s no substitute for a strong Yolo County criminal defense law firm,
call Wing & Parisi at (916) 441-4888.
The Law Office of Wing & Parisi serves clients in Yolo County including West Sacramento, Woodland & Davis California. Hablamos espanol. – Find us on Google+