CALL FOR FREE CONSULTATION
- State Bar of California
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defenders
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- California Public Defender’s Association
- 1978 Degree Conferred – J.D.
Lincoln Law School, Sacramento, CA
- 1972 Degree Conferred – B.S.
University of California at Berkeley
2008 – Present
WING & PARISI, APC
- Partner in a private criminal defense law firm. As a Sacramento criminal attorney Linda Parisi handles only Criminal defense cases, including serious felonies, homicide, white collar crime, tax, mortgage & business fraud. She has tried over 100 trials to verdict.
Sacramento County Public Defender, Sacramento, CA
Supervising Assistant Public Defender
- 2002-2008 Major Crimes Division
Handled over 80 homicide cases; tried over 35 homicides to verdict; gave presentations to co-workers on opening statements and closing arguments; and gave county-wide presentation on voir dire. Supervised five experienced attorneys; attended policy meetings; handled most serious cases; and served on committees concerned with criminal justice and administration issues.
- 1996-2002 Felony Intake Unit
Supervised attorney in the negotiation/settlement conferences. Coordinated policy and procedures for settlement of cases.
- 1978 – 1989 Felony/Misdemeanor Division
Represented hundreds of indigent defendants in misdemeanor, felony and juvenile cases trying close to 75 cases to verdict.
- 1977 -1978 Legal Research Assistant
Negotiate in settlement conferences, try cases, probation hearings, and contested dispositions. Coordinate resolutions with probation department and district attorney.
- Lincoln Law School 1991 – Present
Classes: Criminal Procedure & Advanced Criminal Procedure
Classes: Recent Developments in Criminal Procedure
Classes: Handling First Capital Case, Handling Child Homicides & Working With Experts
Classes: Voir Dire, Opening Statements & Closing Arguments
- Conflict Criminal Defenders
Classes: Plea Negotiations
- Loaves and Fishes Legal Clinic
Representing indigent and homeless individuals in their criminal cases
- Stand Down Legal Clinic
Representing indigent veterans in their criminal cases
- Hurricane Katrina/”Restore Justice” Project, New Orleans, LA
Volunteer, December 2006Interviewed clients at Allen Correctional Facility. Drafted memorandum for public defenders to assist in processing clients. Conducted legal research related to and drafted motion to dismiss for violation of client’s 6th Amendment right to a speedy trial.
REQUEST FREE CONSULTATION
If you have been arrested and charged with a crime, contact the Law Office of Wing & Parisi for free consultation.